Best Badland Winch Review- Harbor Freight badlands winch
If you’re an off-road enthusiast, then you know that having a quality winch is essential for getting yourself and your vehicle out of tough spots. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at the Harbor Freight Badland winch and compare it to some of the other best-selling models on the market. We’ll also discuss Best Badland Winch Review with key features that make these winches stand out from the competition.
In this article, we will discuss the features of the Badland Winch as well as provide an overview of the different models available. We will provide the 6 best winches manufactured by Harbor Freight’s pros, cons, buying guide that is worth the money.
Top 5 Best Harbor Freight Badland Winch Reviews
Winches are a necessary tool for off-road enthusiasts and anyone who enjoys spending time outdoors. They come in handy for everything from recovering a vehicle that has gotten stuck in the mud to pulling a tree out of your path. With so many different options available, it can be hard to know which winch is right for you. In this section we will review the best badland winch on the market.
#1. 18000 lb Industrial / Tow Truck Winch – Most powerful Harbour Freight badlands winch
Made of high tensile steel and aluminum this is a true industrial/tow truck electric winch with a 18,000 lb (8274.78 kg) capacity. When you need to pull a semi-trailer out of rough terrain or a ditch, this powerful winch will handle whatever load you throw at it.
*Total loaded weight = truck weight + the weight of any product (inside car) other than the vehicle.
Tips: A good rule of thumb is to keep the loaded weight of the vehicle at least 1.5 times less than the weight capacity of the winch. It has 18000 lbs pulling capacity and can hold a weight of up to 12,000 lbs.
*Tow vehicle weighs up to 12000 lbs.
When you need to get your vehicle up and over an obstacle, this electric winch is the perfect solution. Its 18000 lb. towing capacity ensures that it can handle a variety of vehicles. The ultimate tool for your off-road recovery needs. IP66 rated.
This winch includes 3 stages planetary gear system for fast line speed, Series-wound 7 1/2 HP motor stays cooler during long winch pulls, Power in/out for positive load control, Series-wound 7 1/2 HP motor stays cooler during long winch pulls, Automatic load-holding brake.
The automatic load-holding brake prevents unwanted line slippage and aids in controlling the winch during operation. This winch also features free spooling for fast line-out, and a three-stage planetary gear system that helps you get your load up to speed quickly.
For your convenience, it provided battery cables to this kit, making it easy to install without additional welding or wire crimping. A 6 ft., 2 gauge wire rope with an accepted industry-standard triple-crimped eye protects your load, while a series-wound 7 ½ HP motor holds up to 18,000 lbs.
The four-way roller fairlead allows you to hook up the cable from three different angles to suit any recovery situation. Pull large loads with ease thanks to the 337:1 gear ratio and 20.4 FPM line speed.
Use the remote control for secure operation within 80 feet of the pendant control box when hooking up to a solid object. This is suitable for industrial use as well as for commercial trucks, recreational vehicles, or agricultural equipment recovery.
- Loaded with features like the wired (30feet) remote and a handy relocatable solenoid box
- It can perform different kinds of tasks easily from towing, hauling, and anchoring.
- Its three-stage planetary gear offers you automatic load-holding brake and a free spooling clutch which further reduces the load on the motor.
- The power cable measures 75 feet in length and is made of high-quality steel.
- The presence of an IP66 rated waterproof cover protects this winch from water projected in powerful jet.
- No wireless remote
2. 9000 lb. Electric Winch – Top winch brands at a budget price range.
Badlands 9000 winch review
Whether you need extra power to assist in vehicle recovery, haul timber or load your boat, the dynamic 9,000 lb. winch gives you plenty of muscle.
Engineered with a three-stage planetary gear system, it performs a variety of pulling tasks with power to spare. A freespooling feature allows for fast line speeds and sure hold, while the automatic load-holding brake provides maximum safety. Features include remote switch with 12 ft. lead; series-wound motor stays cool during long winch pulls.
*Tow vehicle weighs up to 6000 lbs.
This winch is designed for both durability and performance, making it the perfect option for those who need a reliable winch that can handle any terrain.
The Power 9K Winch is an ideal choice for anyone needing an easy-to-operate, high-capacity winch. This rugged winch features an automotive-style solenoid power in and out switch and a 2.5” drum. The durable line drum has three layers with a 250′ of 9,000 lbs. test rope.
Pull up to 6000 pounds and power in for positive load control. Roller fairlead is included.
The Powers auto winch 9000 is built to perform, offering plenty of power to assist in vehicle recovery or haul timber. With its three-stage planetary gear system and series-wound motor, the Powers auto winch 9000 remains cool during high impact load use, freeing your power source for other critical uses. In addition, it runs smoothly and stays durable thanks to high-quality features like roller fairleads and aircraft grade wire rope.
With 3 additional stages of planetary gears to allow even greater pulling power, and includes our automatic load-holding brake for ultimate safety when heavy loads are involved.
Fully enclosed, powerful series-wound motor stays cooler during long winch pulls. Powerful 6.6 amps/1100 watts motor creates plenty of power to assist in vehicle recovery, haul timber or load your boat;
The 1st stage line speed is 18.4 fpm with no load,
The 2nd stage line speed is 12.5 fpm with 2000 lbs
And the final stage line speed is 5.5 fpm 9000 lbs
Badlands ZXR Video Review
- This winch is equipped with a high quality 65 feet steel cable going through a roller fairlead for smooth winching operation.
- You can control the winching easily as it comes with three-stage planetary gear and a free spooling clutch.
- The automatic load-holding brake makes it even easier to control and ensures safety.
- It has an IP66 rated, powerful motor.
- It also has a handy relocatable solenoid box making it easy to use either indoors or outdoors.
- Has a 12-feet cord that gives you all the freedom you need to move around, using the three axles: Brake, Release and Drive.
- The cable length and the remote control cable length is small
- No wireless remote
- It takes time for pulling
3. Badland 3500 lb ATV/Utility Electric Winch
The go-anywhere, do-anything Powerwinch Electric ATV Winch is a must-have for any off-roading adventure.
*Tow vehicle weighs up to 2333 lbs.
This electric ATV winch has plenty of power to help you recover an ATV that’s got bogged down or to pull yourself out of a tricky situation. Hook it up to the front or rear of your vehicle to free yourself from mud and muck, or pull a stuck friend out of trouble.
The three-stage planetary gear system gives you fast line speed, so you can get back on the trail in no time. The aircraft grade wire rope is durable, and the permanent magnet motor draws less current, perfect for pulling with an ATV.*
- Powerful electric winch ideal for all ATVs
- Permanent magnet motor draws less current, making it ideal for ATV use
- Three-stage planetary gear system gives fast line speed so you can be back on the trail in no time
Whether you’re an experienced off-roader or just getting started, you can’t go wrong with the 3500 lb. Winch. It features a three-stage planetary gear system for fast line speed, aircraft grade wire rope and a permanent magnet motor that draws less current, making it perfect for ATV use.
For added safety, this ATV winch features an automatic load-holding brake for maximum safety. The free-spooling feature allows for faster line-out, and the 8 ft. handlebar control and 12 ft. handheld remote control make operating the winch safe and easy during any application.
What makes this electric winch different from others?
This electric winch is made with a permanent magnet motor that draws less current. This means it is perfect for use on ATV’s and other off-road vehicles when you don’t want to overheat the vehicle’s electrical system. Also, it has an automatic load-holding brake for maximum safety. The 100 feet of aircraft grade wire rope can pull up to 3,500 pounds. This model comes with a remote control and a 12 foot long ergonomic handlebar control that freespools for fast line-out.
- Convenient & compact and portable winch equipped with load holding brake
- It also has free spooling clutch and handlebar control (8 feet)
- Its steel cable goes through a roller fairlead that makes winching safe, smooth and effortless
- This model is an effective machine with high-end quality materials
- Featuring a sealed motor, IP67 waterproof rating and robust aluminum housing
- Combined with some superior features such as high capacity battery and circuit breaker to meet your needs for different jobs
- No remote wireless facility
4. BADLAND 2500 Lbs. ATV/Utility Electric Winch
When it comes to ATV recovery, traversing rough terrain or loading a boat, you can’t afford to take chances with junky winches. This electric ATV winch is rock-solid, easy to operate and switches easily between manual and power modes. With plenty of power to pull heavy loads and a remote switch so you can stay safe this winch offers all the reassurance of a reliable tool at an affordable price.
*Tow vehicle weighs up to 1666 lbs.
BADLAND 2500 Winch is the perfect addition for all off-road adventurers. Fully remote controlled with 20 feet range facility, this winch uses a single-stage planetary gear system.
It includes a roller fairlead with nylon bushing. What’s more, it is backed by a 3-year warranty. With a permanent magnet motor that draws less current, this electric winch is great for all-terrain vehicle use.
- Remote controlled with a wireless remote, rollers and nylon bushings ensure your safety while the single stage planetary gear system allows you to gain line speed quickly.
- 50 feet steel cable
- Lightweight (14 lbs) and compact
5. 1500 lb. Capacity 120 Volt AC Electric Winch
The 5100 lb. capacity 120 Volt Electric Winch is a must-have for any shop or garage. Enjoy effortless winching with its tethered remote control, thermal overload protection, two stage planetary gearing, and a pull up to 1500 lb. Best badland winch for motorcycle.
The 35 ft. long steel cable assembly features a drop-forged steel sling hook that fits a 2 in. diameter shackle and includes a safety snap hook for added security.
It is fitted with thermal overload protection for longer life, and a two stage planetary gearing for increased pulling capacity.
- It features a remote control, thermal overload protection and a two-stage planetary gearing for fast line speed.
- This portable, electric winch allows you to move heavy loads easily and safely.
- The two-way fairlead on a roller provides a smooth pull for loads that are heavy and bulky.
- Teathered remote control
- Check Tuff Stuff Winches
- Champion winches weight capacity detail
- SuperWinch for ATV
- Roller Fairlead vs Hawse Fairlead
Also Read: Winch For Fj Cruiser
Badlands winch vs warn
The Warn Premium Winch has a solid-steel, heat-treated, high-strength winch drum, dual planetary geartrain is engineered for heavy loads. Powerful, energy-efficient motors and gears bring smooth load control. Automatic load-holding brake helps protect the rope from damage by vehicle rollback and the auto stop switch gives a warning when the winch exceeds the capacity.
check roller fairlead mechanism.
Find out more on Can Too Much Tongue Weight Cause Trailer Sway?
Guide to follow on What is the Difference Between a Hitch and a Receiver?
- What’s the difference between GVWR and GAWR? ANd
Why Is GVWR Less Than GAWR: Can Gawr exceed GVWR?
- What Is GVWR On A Trailer
- Types Hitch Pin Sizes & pin weight
Badland Winch FAQs
Conclusion for The Best Badland Winch Review
If you’re looking for a heavy-duty winch, Badland is one of the most trusted names in the industry. We’ve compiled Best Badland Winch Review about their products that we hope will be helpful as you make your decision on which product to buy. The prices vary depending on how much weight capacity each model has and what features are included with it.
If you’re looking for a high-quality, affordable industrial-grade winch, they offer many different products that fit your needs and budget. Whether you are using it on earth or space exploration projects, their products will get the job done efficiently with minimal maintenance required after purchase. Now is the time to buy if you want one of these amazing machines!