What is the biggest cam for stock 350 Chevy engines? And what is the best cam for stock Chevy 350 small block engines? Those are the questions you have on your mind when choosing which stock Chevy 350 cam kits for your car or truck. Camshaft is an important part as it opens and closes the exhaust valves which is essential to run your engine smoothly. The best 350 small block camshaft can enhance your car’s engine horsepower and torque performance immensely. Here, I will guide you to choose the best cam for stock 350 chevy engine.
What is the biggest cam for A stock Chevy 350 Small Block:
- Especially strong for Chevy 350 Small Block
Top Best 5 Biggest Cam for Stock Chevy 350 List
Best Roller Cam for 350 small block with Vortec Heads Chevy 350 thumpr cam- COMP Cams 12-602-4
Best cam for 350 chevy truck- COMP Cams CL12-212-2 Magnum
Best cam for 350 with vortec heads- COMP Cams CL12-242-2 Xtreme Energy 224/230
Best camshaft for 350 chevy- Lunati 10120102LK
Quick Comparison: 5 Biggest Cam for Chevy stock 350 in 2023
|Product Name / Primary Rating||Product Image / Price||Primary Button|
Chevy Small Block Fav
Best for Chevy 350 4x4
The Best biggest cam for Chevy stock 350 Small Block
1. Chevy 350 Thumpr Cam- COMP Cams 12-602-4 -Best roller cam for 350 with Vortec heads
- Especially strong for Chevy 350 Small Block
The Chevy 350 Thumpr Cam- COMP Cams 12-602-4 is the best roller cam for 350 with Vortec heads for Chevy because it is beneficial for engines as they conveniently convert the rotational motion to reciprocal motion. This is particularly strong for the Chevy 350 Small block engines. They maintained the opening of intake valves nice and smooth. Besides, it gives increased torque performance than you have ever imagined.
The 2000+ converter is something unique than any other Chevy 350 camshaft upgrades. Lobe separation angle is also very convenient as it comes with 107°. And the RPM is ranged between 2200 to 6100.
Benefits and Reasons to Buy Chevy 350 Thumpr Cam for Chevy 350 Small Block
- COMP developed a big mutha’ thumpr to provide significant HP and torque boost.
- Adorable show-off sound that camshafts use early intake valve opening, and long exhaust produce noticeable sound.
- Unique grind design that COMP big mutha thumpr handles applications from pump gas street cars to high compression application offers thumping idle with huge performance.
- All USA manufacturing procedures ensure top-notch build quality and durability.
Features and Description of Chevy 350 Thumpr Cam for Chevy 350 Small Block
Operation range: That Comp cams 12 big mutha thumper operates between 2500 to 6400 RPM.
Performance status: Strip needs 9:5:1 compression with 2800+ stall, intake, gears and headers with very rough idle
Rich in box setup: That kit contains camshafts, a set of filters, an instruction guide and some assembly lubricants.
Performance enhancer: Provides early intake opening and long exhaust duration providing magnificent Horsepower gain and board torque curve.
Compatibility: Easily fits with a wide range of Chevrolet GEN 1 small blocks including 262, 265, 267, 283, 302, 305, 307, 327, 350 and 400.
Pros of Chevy 350 Thumpr Cam for Chevy 350 Small Block
- Slightly enhanced engine performance
- Noticeable sound
- Increase the operating range of the engine
Cons of Chevy 350 Thumpr Cam for Chevy 350 Small Block
- Incompatible with any small block built after 1985
2. Best Performance cam for 350 chevy truck- COMP Cams CL12-212-2 Magnum
This model is the best performance cam for 350 Chevy trucks, and particularly for small blocks.. It improves the RPM rate as well as torque performance. Not only that, but it also enhances the horsepower largely.
It is designed with three grinds for the best compression builds. Besides that, you will get 1 year of warranty so that if anything goes south, you’re fully backed by the manufacturer. Alongside, customers are satisfied with its durability and longevity.
Benefits of the COMP Cams CL12-212-2 Magnum (Best Performance cam for 350 chevy truck)
- COMP developed thumpers provide significant HP and torque boost.
- camshafts use early intake valve opening, and long exhaust that produce noticeable sound.
- That COMP thumper handles applications from pump gas street cars to high compression application offers thumping idle with huge performance.
- All USA manufacturing procedures ensure top-notch build quality and durability.
Features and Description of the COMP Cams CL12-212-2 Magnum (Best Performance cam for 350 chevy truck)
Vast Operating range: That COMP CL kit operates between 2000 to 6000 RPM which is huge compared to other aftermarket cams.
Performance Cam Setup: Requires 2500+ stall gears and headers with a rough idle configuration and best with 9:5:1 compression.
Easy available parts: This chevy 350 camshaft kit can be used with widely available mild ratio rockers and performance spring valves. So not too many add ons.
Performance cam enhancer: This small block chevy camshaft Significantly increases the horsepower and torque.
Compatibility: Will be an easy go with Chevrolet GEN 1 small blocks including 262, 265, 267, 283, 302, 305, 307, 327, 350 and 400.
Pros of the COMP Cams CL12-212-2 Magnum
- Significant sound improving
- Improved engine performance
- Improves the operating range of engine
Cons of the COMP Cams CL12-212-2 Magnum
● Not an up-to-date product
3. Best cam for Chevy 350 with vortec heads- COMP Cams CL12-242-2 Xtreme Energy 224/230
Do you want a better RPM speed with your new Camshaft? Then you will definitely love the COMP Cams CL12-242-2 as it can be ranged up to 5800 units. Moreover, it comes with a full set of lifters and necessary lubricants.
It is the biggest cam for stock Chevy 350 that is best for street riding. Also it helps to increase the performance of power brakes. That is something special than any other cams.
Benefits and Reasons to Buy COMP Cams CL12-242-2 Xtreme Energy 224/230 (Best Cam for Chevy 350 with vortec heads)
- The cam has the best RPM operating unit in this price range for the 350 small block.
- The convenient valve lifting position of 0.477 inches by 0.48 inches will provide the greatest overlap performance.
- The package doesn’t only have the camshaft, but also, lubricant for the assembly process and a full set of lifters.
- For the enhanced duration ability it is designed with vast vacuum.
- You will get a 1 year warranty for this biggest cam for stock 350.
Features and Description of COMP Cams CL12-242-2 Xtreme Energy 224/230
RPM Range: This extraordinary chev cam gives the best RPM operating range. It can be ranged up to 5800 units to 1600 units that is considered huge from any best cam for 350 chevy.
Durability: It is the best cam for 350 chevy for its extreme durability. You can use it for years without getting banged!
Lobe Separation angle: Lobe separation angle of this best street cam for small block chevy is 110 Degree. It is very convenient for street riding.
Valve lift: Valve lifting angle is pretty much an important thing to consider when buying chevy 350 cams. The COMP Cams CL12-242-2 has 0.477 / 0.480 inches lifting position that is superb for giving special performances.
Intake opening and Closing: Overlapping is another measurement to determine if it’s the best cam for chevy 350. Intake opening and closing do operate at the right time.
Transmission type: The cam allows both auto and manual transmission. So you can get one of these either you use a manual vehicle or auto vehicle.
Warranty: You will get a 1-year warranty that is something peace of mind. Moreover, so many users reviewed that they are using it for years without any trouble.
Pros of COMP Cams CL12-242-2 Xtreme Energy 224/230
- It has 2000+ converters for convenient use
- Comes with installation lubes
- High RPM that ranges up to 5800
- Compatible with wide range of chevy engines
- 1 year warranty
Cons of COMP Cams CL12-242-2 Xtreme Energy 224/230
- Some users report that the lifters are not quite durable
4. Best Performance camshaft for Stock 350 chevy- Lunati 10120102LK
Obviously, you will be seeking improved RPM power, mid range and bracket racing features while purchasing the best cam for stock Chevy 350 . With amusement and perfection, all the features are installed in the Lunati 10120102LK Cam.
This camshaft owns greater RPM power and is very much suitable for street performance along with sometime bracket racing. The operating range is between 2000 -6000 RPM. Beside this, you need not to worry about the budget as it is price worthy.
Benefits and Reasons to Buy Lunati 10120102LK (Best Performance camshaft for Stock 350 chevy)
- The manufacturer uses cutting-edge technology to build high quality Chevy camshafts.
- All the single products undergo double testing before coming to the market.
- Huge RPM range of this 350 cam fits easily with your cars and trucks.
- This biggest cam for stock 350 is backed by 1 year warranty by the manufacturer.
Features and Description of Lunati 10120102LK
RPM Range: This wonderful Lunati cam for 350 chevy operates between 2000 – 6000 RPM range.
Durability: There is no question about its durability. You can use it for years efficiently.
Lobe Separation angle: The design of lobe angle is asymmetric and it gives proficiency to the apparatus. The lobe separation angle is 112 Degree.
Valve lift: As mentioned before valve lift is a crucial fact for the chevy 350 camshaft. The valve lifting position is 0.465 /0.488 inches.
Intake opening and Closing: it opens and closes the intake smoothly without getting mistimed.
Transmission details: You can pick this cam for both auto and manual transmission vehicles. It won’t mind supporting both.
Warranty: 1- year warranty provided by the manufacturer. If anything goes south you can claim a new one or repair it within the warranty time.
Pros of Lunati 10120102LK
- Huge RPM operating range
- Hydraulic tappet made with flat design
- Comes with full set of lifters
- Budget friendly 350 engine cam
Cons of Lunati 10120102LK:
- It needs huge vacuum pressure
Check out why your Chevy 350 won’t start has spark and fuel
Best Cam for Chevy 350 4×4
The Chevrolet 350 is known as the best engine for its performance, durability, and smooth, quiet operation. So, the best engine needs the best camshaft. COMP Cams 12-239-3 Xtreme 4×4 218/226 Hydraulic Flat Cam is the best cam for Chevy 350 4×4 for its HP, help the engine breathe with excellent response. To dig more into it let’s have a look at its features.
- Operating range of 1300-5600 rpm
- Duration (218/226) at .050″. Lobe separation angle is 111°
- Valve lift 0.462″/ 0.480″
- Designed to use with a restrictive factory exhaust system which are common that includes OEM exhaust manifolds
- Throttle response is improved
- Increased low and mid-range rpm
Why is COMP Cams 12-239-3 Xtreme 4×4 218/226 Hydraulic Flat Cam the best?
This cam made in the USA has owned its place because of its elegant features. This is not only designed for use with a factory restrictive exhaust system including OEM exhaust manifolds but also features the latest camshaft technology in lobe designs. It has both the towing and off-roading camshaft profiles.
Within a short duration, it features aggressive lobe profiles which makes it perfect for jeeps and off-road vehicles too. This fits all the best features for an engine to have. So, no wonder Cams 12-239-3 Xtreme 4×4 218/226 Hydraulic Flat Cam by COMP cams is the best cam for Chevy 350 4×4.
Chevy 350 cam kit: COMP Cams 4934
COMP Cam kit Chevy 350 is the full package for setting up your camshaft precisely. You will get all the necessary tools and accessories for Vortec 350 cam upgrade. It will set your camshaft in a better degree position that will enhance your engine performance.
The package contains a 9 inches degree wheel that would be essential to install and positioning your brand new camshaft. Not only that but it also included all the instructions along with a 5 inches dial indicator extension, top dead center (TDC) stop, crankshaft socket, and many more. More interestingly the kit is backed by the manufacturer with a 1-year warranty.
Features of the COMP Cams 4934 (for Chevy 350 cam kit)
Enhance horsepower: The kit helps to position the cam perfectly and therefore enhances the horsepower vastly.
Improved torque: It also helps to improve the torque performance by proper application of your camshaft. You can never imagine how much torque you’re gonna get.
Necessary tools: You will get all the necessary tools for your camshaft. The package has a 9” degree wheel, TDC, Travel dial indicator, indicator extension, cam checking fixture and so on. All the tools are very much essential while installing a camshaft.
Lightweight: All the tools weigh only around 7 pounds. It is very convenient to carry and use. Moreover, the manufacturer ships the kits by padding so there is no chance of getting damaged.
Biggest cam for stock 350: Buying guide
Before getting your biggest cam for stock 350, you need to consider a few things to choose the right one. Since it is an exhausting task to choose among the myriads, so you can look at my purchase guide for guidance.
- Compatibility: The cam’s compatibility with your engine should be your prime concern. Try to avoid choosing over-duration and excessive valve lifts, as they should be in normal ranges. Or else, there are potential risks that your cam would lock up in position. Read your engine’s specifications before you head over for a cam.
- Lobe Angle: This angle mainly determines the simultaneous opening and closing of the exhaust and intake valve. For engines that need to increase their street performance, they need expanded lobe separation angles. However, racing cars need narrow lobe angles for high-speed performance.
- RPM range: The RPM range should match that of your engine’s specified requirements. Too low RPM than required will cause under-performance, hampering hp and torque. And too high RPM can devastate the engine with increased pressure than required. Therefore, know about your engine’s RPM range requirement.
- Uses: Since you are buying the biggest cam for stock 350, so it is obvious that your engine requires more power for its higher lifts and longer duration. Every ‘big’ cam is different for its size and purpose, which is why it is important to match your engine’s potential and power. Otherwise, the too-big cam can be detrimental to your engine.
- Valve springs: The valve springs of the cam should fit your engine to ensure better performance. It is one of the most underlying issues that valve springs don’t fit, or they are too weak and prone to breakage. In this case, your engine does not reach the required RMP. If you are buying a high-lift cam, then emphasizing the quality and fitment of the valve springs is important.
Looking for camshaft size chart as they are considered as the core component of the engine. And if you need to buy a cam for 5.3 Vortec, then this article is for you. Choosing the cam for stock 454 might become difficult as you’ve to take into account various aspects.
What size Performance cam is in a stock chevy 350:
Let us closely look at the specs of stock chevy 350 engines so that you can buy a suitable cam for them.
There are two main parts of the chevy 350 engine, a hydraulic lifter and hydraulic camshaft, where the exhaust and intake valves have a duration of 218 seconds and 0.5 RPM. The valves’ lift capacity is 0.457 inches and has a total 268 seconds duration. Moreover, the lobe separation angle of the intake valve is 105 degrees, and the exhaust valve is 110 degrees, along with a rocker arm of 1:5 ratio.
Since the cam models come in many variations, their two piston rings with a measurement of 350 cubic inches and a 4-inch bore, one of the piston rings, have a compression ratio of 3.9 inches. And, both the piston is 1.56 inches tall. On the other hand, the minimum intake diameter of the cylinder head is 1.94 inches, where the exhaust diameter is measured at 1.5 inches.
Keeping these measurements of your stock 350 engine in reference, you can buy any aftermarket parts for it, including a camshaft.
How do you tell if a Chevy 350 is a 4 bolt main check Chevy 350 4 bolt main block Identification.
What is the biggest cam for stock 350 TBI?
The biggest cam for your stock 350 TBI truck LT1 cam. The duration and lobe separation of this cam for the TBI application is excellent. With LT1’s bigger duration number, the valve remains off-seat for a long time. At the same time, the higher lob separation of LT1 provides a broader powerband, better vacuum signal, and better idle quality.
What is the biggest cam for stock 350 Vortec?
Thumper cam 350 is preferably the biggest cam for stock 350 Vortec and is one of the best. This cam provides the industry-best overlapping performance with massive horsepower and torque boost.
What is the biggest cam for a stock 350?
The biggest cam for stock 350 is COMP Cams CL12-600-4, and it has shown its reliability for boosting performance since 1976. It will drastically change the horsepower and torque performance of your vehicle.
What is the best cam for a stock 350?
The Chevy 350 thumper cam is one of the best cams for stock 350 due to its exceptional capability of changing motion. Its lob separation unit is more than 100-degree with an RMP between 2200-6100.
What is the Best Performance Cam to Put in a Chevy 350?
The Chevy 350 thumpr cam- COMP Cams 12-602-4 is the best performance cam for a Chevy 350. It provides huge performance, increased horsepower and strong torque performance.
What is the best cam to put in a stock 350?
The COMP Cams CL12-600-4 is the best cam to install in stock 350. It provides an immense increase in horsepower with the backing of a full one-year warranty.
How much horsepower can a 350 make?
A regular 350 engine can make horsepower between 350-375 horsepower when it is fully new. For bigger blocks of 350 engines, horsepower remains between 400-475 and sometimes exceeds 500. Stage 2 cams can be particularly strong in adding more horsepower.
How much HP can a four bolt main 350 handle?
Generally, four bolt mains 350 can handle a horsepower up to 1200 all day, compared to a typical 350 engine that creates an upward horsepower between 350-375.
Can you get 500HP out of a 350?
Yes, you can make a 350 engine reach 500 hp of horsepower, but you won’t enjoy the torque out of it. Since 350 is a small engine, so reaching the horsepower of 500 can make it perform well.
Is a four-bolt main better than a two-bolt main?
Yes, 4-bolt mains are much stronger and performative than 2-bolt mains. Because when you increase the horsepower or torque, the 4-bolt mains will take less stress to conceive the change than a 2-bolt main.
What gives a cam a lopey idle?
Overlapping leads to engine idling when it misfires, which makes the cam a lope idle in return. The more overlaps, the more lope idling would be because it chokes the exhaust.
How much horsepower will a cam add?
Depending on the bolts used and the setup on the cam, the engine can reach horsepower between 390-440. There are cams that reach up to 500 horsepower marks too.
Cam for 5.3 Vortec /Cam for 5.3 Silverado
- COMP Cams 17001-16 for SBC 265-400 w/ 3/8″ Stud
- Edelbrock 2102 Camshaft and lifter kit
- Comp Cams 54 – 424 – 11 Hydraulic Roller Cam
- Comp Cams 54 – 444 – 11 Hydraulic Roller Cam
- General Motors 12638427
- Brian Tooley Racing BTR Truck Stage 3 Cam
- Lunati Hydraulic Flat Cam
Know these Answers from above link-
How much power does a cammed 5.3 make?
How do I get more power out of my 5.3 Silverado?
How much horsepower does a cam add?
Is the Chevy 5.3 Vortec a good engine?..
The 4 good Cam for Stock 454:
- COMP Cams CL11-600-4 Thumpr 279TH7 Cam
- Edelbrock 7162 Performer Cam
- COMP Cams K11-242-3 Camshaft Kit
- Lunati Voodoo Cam and Lifter Kit
These are the best cam for stock 350 chevy engine. I have gone through every single details of these products. All of the information above is verified by the manufacturer itself. I am sure that you can now choose the best cam for your 350 chevy engine. So, what do you think? What is the biggest cam for stock 350 chevy engines?
Let us know your opinion and of course don’t forget to share your own experience with us in the comment box!