The air intake kit is an excellent additional part for your vehicle’s engine. A cold air intake supplies fresh air to the engine that eliminates heat and increases the horsepower along with the torque. However, choosing the best cold air intake for Chevy Silverado 1500 can be confusing.
An intake has an air filter that keeps the engine from exterior loose dirt and allows cold air to flow through it. It is easy to install and could be set up with some basic hand tools.
Before we start our hunt to find the best cold air intake for Chevy Silverado 1500 let’s dive into the best cold air intake for a chevy Silverado 1500 review.
6 Best Cold Air Intake for Chevy Silverado 1500
- K&N 63-3082 Performance Intake Kit – best cold air intake for 2020 silverado
- aFe Power Performance Intake System
- best cold air intake for 2021 silverado S&B Filters 75-5069 Cold Air Intake
- Airaid 202-285 Cold Air Dam Intake System
- Volant 15553 Pro 5 Filter Air Intake System
- Spectre Performance 9006 Air Intake Kit
Quick Comparison: 6 Best Cold Air Intake for Chevy Silverado 1500 Review
|IMAGE||NAME & Details||DETAILS|
|K&N 63-3082 Performance Intake Kit||Check Price|
|aFe Power Performance Intake System||Check Price|
|S&B Filters 75-5069 Cold Air Intake||Check Price|
|Airaid 202-285 Cold Air Dam Intake System||Check Price|
|Volant 15553 Pro 5 Filter Air Intake System||Check Price|
|Spectre Performance 9006 Air Intake Kit||Check Price|
6 Best Cold Air Intake for Chevy Silverado 1500
Let’s check out 6 best cold air intake for your Chevy Silverado. Though there are many competitors in the field here, we have tried our best to pick the top eight best cold air intake for your Chevy Silverado.
K&N 63-3082 is the best cold air intake for Silverado 1500. This 2015 Silverado cold air intake adds 10.68 horsepower and 5341 RPM to the engine. Therefore, the reusable air filter is sure to run up to 100,000 miles without any maintenance. Read K&N air-changer 63-3082 full review.
K&N produces the best cold air intake for 6.0 vortec with a high density polyethylene pipe that maximizes the airflow to the engine. The increased airflow makes the engine perform and sound better. Besides, the bolt system makes the installation process a piece of cake.
Benefits and Reasons to Buy
- An additional 10.68 horsepower with 5341 RPM from the air intake elevates your engine performance. This Chevy Silverado air intake makes your truck growl than ever.
- The high-density polyethylene intake tube does an excellent job of increasing the airflow for the engine. Therefore, your engine gets more oxygen that helps it to perform better.
- The cotton gauze cone shaped air filter can go up to 100,000 miles without any need of a wash. That gives you relief from any maintenance.
- This silverado intake requires less than 90 minutes to attach to the engine. The bolts and mounting system makes your job much easier.
Descriptions and Features
- Airflow Performance: K&N 63-3082 has a red polyethylene rotationally-molded tube that’s able to provide increased airflow performance as it’s highly dense. It’s a favourable choice for 99 Silverado cold air intake.
- Air filter type: The air filter is made from oversized oiled cotton. It can provide uninterrupted service up to 100,000 miles, thus it’s considered as one of the best air intake.
- Installation and Washable Filter: It is the best cold air intake for GMC sierra 1500 as it is pretty straightforward and simple. This Chevy Silverado air intake makes your truck growl than ever. Using the bolts and mounting options, it takes less than 90 minutes to set up. The filter is washable and reusable.
- Component material: The intake pipe is made from High-Density Cross-Linked Polyethylene, and cotton gauze is used for the air filter. The clamp material is stainless steel. K&N cold air intake Chevy Silverado comes with a warranty of 10- Year/million miles.
- The Sound of Performance: The elevated horsepower and RPM take your engine sound up a notch. This K and N cold air intake for Chevy Silverado is famous for its sound performance.
- This silverado cold air intake model adds 10.68 Horsepower with 5341 RPM to your engine that makes growl louder.
- The cone-shaped air filter is made from pre-oiled cotton gauze that goes a long way of 100,000 miles.
- K&N is one of the best cold air intake brands that provides high-quality component materials for maximum durability.
- The installation for the 2015 silverado k&n cold air intake is pretty simple, and it doesn’t take more than 90 minutes.
- K&N cold air intake 2014 silverado is comparatively expensive.
- The air filter size could be better.
The aFe Power Momentum GT 54-74104 is one of the most superior Intake models on the market. All of the high-tech components are put together for this intake. You’re ensured with high performance along with added towing strength.
This Intake adds up to 15 lbs torque and 12 Horsepower to your engine. The 5-layered air filter guarantees maximum air supply to the engine. One-piece boxed housing qualifies it for the nomination of the best cold air intake for chevy silverado 1500.
Benefits and Reasons to Buy
- 1-Piece housing system results in excellent performance. The air can flow smoothly and support the engine for higher performance.
- Cold airflow is ensured with the auxiliary scoop. A urethane plug is also provided in case you need to seal the auxiliary air scoop into the box.
- 5 Layered air filter does a great job to sustain the high airflow through the tube. It offers the engine to cool down using maximum airflow.
- It’s proven that the GT 54-74104 Air intake outflows the factory intake system by 35%. It adds 12 horsepower to the engine.
Descriptions and Features
Airflow Performance: This 2016 silverado cold air intake increases engine performance by using the one-piece sealed housing. The engine gets more airflow because of the single housing and puts out higher performance and torque.
Air filter type: This cold air intake for chevy silverado 1500 has a five layer reusable Pro 5R air filter. The cotton gauze filter works flawlessly to ensure the perfect flow of air to the engine.
Snap in lid design: Unique 1 house sealed housing makes it look sophisticated and of high quality. This design makes it a high-performance Intake system.
Installation and Washable Filter: The air filter is washable. All unnecessary components are eliminated on the design; it makes the installation process much more manageable.
Component material: Clamps are made from stainless steel that connects the filter with the airbox. The plastic made rotomolded tube works fine to maintain the airflow to the engine.
- Sealed one housing system is efficient, unique, and adds more power to the engine.
- 5-Layer cotton gauze air filter maximizes the airflow of the engine, and it’s also washable/reusable.
- High-quality T- bone mounts are used to put the air filter on the air box safely.
- Only the highly advanced components are put in work for this Intake.
- It is comparatively pricey than others.
S&B 76-5069 is a fantastic addition for 2008 Silverado cold air intake that elevates the horsepower of your truck engine and assists it to put out higher performance. The pipe reduces airflow barriers. The reusable air filter helps to keep the engine safe from outside dirt.
It doesn’t only make the engine more powerful but also makes it look more dashing using the clear lid design. It became one of the best 5.3 intakes by using extra pleats on the filter that provides excellent airflow. It became one of the best 5.3 intakes by using extra pleats on the filter that provides excellent airflow; thus, it is the best air filter for Chevy Silverado.
Benefits and Reasons to Buy
- This Silverado air intake gives more mileage to your vehicle by maintaining the ratio between air and fuel. It significantly increases engine performance.
- The 5.3 Vortec cold air intake has a custom box for dirt and turbulence in the hood. So, your engine is secured from any malfunction due to dust.
- The cotton gauze air filter is both washable and reusable. It uses a higher number of pleats to provide better airflow and makes it one of the best cold air intake for chevy Silverado 1500.
- The installation process is made more comfortable with the help of an illustration. The mounting option helps to set it up in less than 30 minutes.
Descriptions and Features
- Airflow Performance: The Intake tube is cross-linked and specially crafted to reduce airflow restrictions.
- Air filter type: The pre-oiled filter uses deeper and broader pleats that increases the airflow and turns it a top rated cold air intake.
- Washable Filter & Installation: The S&B reusable filter protects your precious engine from outside dirt. The mounting system lets you easily attach the filter on the engine.
- Snap in lid design: The signature clear lid design allows you to check the air filter at all times. It makes the hood look high-tech.
- Component material: The intake tube is made from plastic, and high-quality cotton gauze is used for the filter.
- Quantity of Oil and Oil Color: It can contain 150 grams of oil, and the color is red.
- The cross-linked intake tube eliminates air airflow blocks; hence the engine gets more robust using the cold air.
- The increased number of pleats used on the air filter widens the airflow area.
- Clear lid design makes the engine look more cool and expensive.
- The engine is kept safe from loose dirt because of the custom air box.
- The intake tube is made of plastic.
AIRAID 202-285 counts as the best cold air intake for Chevy Silverado 1500 by the users’ opinion. Higher horsepower is a guaranteed result of this air intake. The factory default air intake loses the battle against it.
The roto-molded container supplies fresh cool air to increase engine performance. The dense polyethylene air tube makes the cold air flow thoroughly to the engine. It comes with AIRAID’s No Hassle Life-Time Warranty.
Benefits and Reasons to Buy
- Single piece airbox design adds to the performance. The engine is offered more horsepower and torque power because of the perfect airflow.
- The premium air filter from AIRAID makes the airflow even better. Fresher air results in impressive engine performance.
- The installation process is super easy and straightforward. Just mount the bolts accurately and you’re good to go.
- It comes with the Hassle-Free Life Time Warranty from AIRAID. So you’ve no worries about the investment.
Descriptions and Features
Airflow Performance: This air intake trumps the default intake by using the one-piece air box that maximizes the airflow to the engine. It adds more horsepower to the engine and elevates the performance.
Air filter type: AIRAID Premium air filter does a magnificent job of balancing the airflow through the tube. Cold and fresh air passes through the filter to go into the engine.
Snap-in lid design: 1- piece air box makes it a sophisticated air box, and it also helps in the performance area. The air flows perfectly and helps the engine to cool down.
Installation and Washable Filter: Installing this air intake is a piece of cake! It’s easily installable using the standard tools.
Component material: The Intake pipe is made from Polyethylene, Stainless steel clamps, Non-woven Synthetic air filter come together to make this as the best cold air intake of all time.
- The setup process is very simple, all you need to do is put the bolts on, and that’s it.
- One-piece air box maximizes engine output by providing cold fresh air.
- High-quality air tube, premium air filter elevates the performance even more.
- This silverado intake has a lifetime warranty from the company.
- Oil is not included in the air filter.
5. Volant 15553 Pro 5 Filter Enclosed Air Intake
Volant 15553 ends your search for the best chevy silverado cold air intake. It’s an impressive vortec air intake that provides superior horsepower and torque compared to the company designed air intake. The maximized cooler ambient air eliminates engine heat.
The polyethylene assists the engine by providing more air into it. Five layer air filter does an excellent job at maintaining the flow of air. Besides, High-quality components material makes it last much longer.
Reasons to buy:
- Enclosed air box offers more horsepower to the engine by providing more air. It also elevates the look of the engine.
- Volant 15553 is a custom-designed air intake for your vehicle model. Designated air intake ensures better performance for the engine.
- The air tube is made out of polyethylene. A high-quality material that guarantees more airflow through the pipe.
- Stainless steel clamps give more strength to the system. It sets the air filter firmly on the engine.
Airflow Performance: The air tube is made of polyethylene that offers more volume and colder air. The performance is admirable for a 2017 silverado cold air intake.
Air filter type: The cotton gauze synthetic air filter provides an impressive performance by ensuring an even flow of cold air.
Snap-in lid design: The enclosed box design gives a sporty look to 2000 silverado cold air intake. It offers to change the air filter easily.
Installation and Washable Filter: The installation process requires less than 60 minutes. The air filter is washable/reusable.
Component material: The stainless steel clamps Increase the capacity to bear engine heat. The durability is a key feature of this cool air intake chevy silverado 1500.
- This air intake adds more horsepower and torque to your engine.
- It’s Customized for 2000 chevy silverado cold air intake.
- The enclosed air box offers increased performance and makes it easy to change the filter.
- The synthetic air filter works perfectly to provide cold, ambient air.
- High-quality materials are used to build this cold air intake for 2017 silverado.
- Some users have complained about the design.
6. Spectre Performance 9006 Air Intake Kit – Best Air Intake Bang for your Buck
The Spectre 9006 is the best cold air intake for Chevy Silverado 1500 that increases the horsepower and torque and provides an active shield for the engine against dust and debris. The dyno-tested air intake tool provides 50% more airflow from your car engine. Moreover, the washable and reusable air filter is one of the best air filters in the market.
The Canadian Spectre brand has designed better than 2005 chevy Silverado cold air intake to boost your truck’s performance. It also increases the MPG level in a standard driveway. Besides, a reliable air filter comes with the air intake to ensure a worry-free drive.
Reasons to buy:
- This 4.8 vortec cold air intake increases the horsepower and torque that boost up the engine performance. As well as, it saves your fuel and increases the MPG.
- It doesn’t take much time to install. Moreover, it is way easier than other air intake’s installation process.
- Warranty is the prime concern when it comes to air intake kits. Surprisingly this cold air intake silverado 1500 provides a lifetime warranty to your loving kits.
- The air intake kit is custom-designed to fit into different types of truck or SUVs easily. It’s a great fit for 4.3 vortec cold air intake.
Airflow Performance: It is proven with dynamometer test, that the spectre provides more than 50% airflow than the stock one. This cold air intake for chevy silverado is an excellent choice if you want superior performance.
Air filter type: The reusable air filter is designed with advanced oiled synthetic technology. It helps the engine to stay damage free.
Installation and Washable Filter: The installation process for this cold air intake silverado is way easier than other air intake kits. Besides, the washable filter gives you smooth performance in the long run.
Component material: The air intake kits made with silicone material. It provides long lasting performance as it can handle up to 400F temperature.
The Sound of Performance: You would have the awesome sound experience as it improves the engine’s sound performance. This 2003 chevy silverado cold air intake adds a powerful sound to the engine.
Towing experiences: It improves the throttle responses that increases the acceleration and uphill performance. When it comes to towing ability, this is the best cold air intake for chevy silverado 1500.
Engine protection: Your engine is 100% safe with this air intake kit. It protects the engine from unwanted dust, debris and harmful contaminants.
- Increases HorsePower and Torque performance by 50%.
- The filter maintenance is no headache, as you can run 10,00,00 miles without cleaning the filter.
- It can be installed with some basic hand tools.
- Better Engine sound and throttle response is a guaranteed with the cold air intake for 2012 chevy silverado
- As it comes with custom design, you need to check first if it’s compatible with your trucks.
- K&N Performance air intake 63-3101 Review
- Best Air Filter For 6.7 Cummins
- best long tube headers for 5.3 silverado
Benefits of using a Cold Air intake
Chevy Silverado 1500 is a wonderful high-performance truck. Most of the time, these vehicles can not provide the expected performance which they are capable of. The default air intake supplied under the hood is inadequate supply enough oxygen-rich air to the engine.
When we start talking about a cold air intake kit for chevy trucks, people always ask why we need to have a cold air intake? Does Silverado cold air intake worth it? Let’s get to know about it first-
Benefits of using a cold air intake:
- Increase Power: One of the main purposes of spending money on a cold air intake is that it brings more oxygen-rich air outside air to the engine. The air-fuel mixture can ignite adequately and increases the engine’s power.
- Surge Throttle Response: Without a cold air intake, you can feel that your car is not performing well. You can contact the slow response from your vehicle, especially in though path. Adding a cold air intake system can solve the problem. It will increase airflow and combustion in the engine, by doing so you can increase your throttle response. Then you can go wherever you wish without hassle.
- Fuel efficiency: As cold air intake ensures better airflow to the engine, that’s why fuel can burn properly. That may give at least 1-2 extra mile per gallon of fuel.
- Increase Engine Service life: Having a cold air intake system under your hood will be a gift to your engine. As cold air intake ensures proper combustion, less contamination will accumulate in the engine, providing a long service life of your expensive engine.
- Easy installation: Most of the cold air intakes are super easy to install with some basic tools and some experience under your belt. Lots of tutorials about these are available and YouTube.
Factors to consider before Buying a Cold Air Intake
Consider some critical factors before buying cold air intake for Chevy Silverado 1500.
Factors to consider before buying a cold air intake:
- Filter: Filter is one of the vital parts of Silverado cold air intake. You may like to have a washable and reusable filter to clean your filter easily. It will ensure long service and save much penny.
- Size: For getting the cold air intake kits for Silverado you must have a good idea what’s under your hood. Typical chevy Silverado have a factory air intake. Just look at your engine space and some details to choose the perfect suit for your vehicle and remember one thing; a wrong Silverado cold air intake can significantly compromise your truck’s performance.
- Durability: Will you want to regret after spending a healthy amount for cold air intake. Absolutely not. Before buying, you may like to examine the built quality of the cold air intake. Spending a few more bucks for better quality will save a lot in the future. If you get puzzled, do consider taking a look at customer reviews.
- Water Resistance: No one will buy a Chevy Silverado as a showpiece. But you won’t like to invite water in your engine compartment. So before buying a cold air intake for Chevy Silverado 1500, you may like to pick the one with a valve. This valve prevents the water from reaching your engine compartment. It’s mandatory when you drive through a rainstorm.
- Price: The price of a product is always a key factor for all. Everybody wants to buy the best product at a low price. Above all, cold air intake kits are not a product of show-off. Though many of us have a tight budget to spend, we should be a bit tricky so that we don’t compromise with quality and performance.
- Find the perfect type: In general, there are three types of cold air intake system available in the market. They are different in size and performance, as well. You may like to choose your best pick among them according to the vehicle you own.
Short ram system
If you are short in space and looking for a quick boost, you can take short ram cold air intakes for chevy trucks. It takes the same space as a factory air intake. It is super easy to install, and its design takes less fabrication work. Above all, it’s cheap to get.
But it has some shortcomings too. As it replaces the existing intake with a smooth pipe and an open-element air filter, so it permits engine heat to have a short path into the intake system. It provides less horsepower and torque than a cold air intake.
True Cold air intake
If you are looking for a big boost and have money in the pocket, you will like to go for the true cold air intake for chevy Silverado. It takes a bit more space in the engine compartment and quite tricky to install.
It places the air filter as far as possible from the engine compartment. It brings cooler and denser air to the engine. It increases the engine’s combustion and fuel consumption, and it gives more horsepower to the vehicles.
Ram air intake
It is quite similar like cold air intake, but it has a comparatively long tube and air filter at the back. If you want to do some racing kinds of stuff, it is the perfect match for you. It works like a turbocharger with less space. It will invite a larger volume of air to the engine compartment that increases combustion in the engine results in more engine power.
For Chevy Silverado trucks having a cold air intake is quite mandatory to have. Factory cold air intake can not deliver the full potential of mighty Chevy engines. It always depends on your usage, workload, and obviously how much you want to spend.
If you have money to spend, you must go for a cold air intake; otherwise, you can consider short ram intake. It is also capable of providing better throttle response and excellent fuel economy.
What can be the risks for making use of bad cold air filter
There is some risks when someone continues to using a bad air filter. These are
- Dirt in the filter:
- Loss of horsepower:
- Loss of fuel economy:
Things to avoid when buying a cold air intake
Cold air intakes are a blessing for chevy Silverado, but some time things can go wrong. You may end up getting a faulty cold air intake. So here are some tips to avoid the inconvenience.
- Don’t get amazed by promotional videos: Usually, cold air intakes are not made as a universal fit, so if you look an advert and purchase it without knowing the fit.
- Don’t buy anything from unauthorized sellers: In the case of any faulty kit, you may have to exchange the parts or reclaim the money. That’s why don’t fall for any scam, always try to buy from an authorized seller.
- Know your ability: Though we always say cold air intakes are super easy, but they need some essential skill. If you don’t know, then don’t try it yourself. Sometimes paying some to an expert saves a lot.
FAQ on Best Cold Air Intake for Chevy Silverado 1500
What is a cold air intake?
Cold air intake kit is a component that is used to increase airflow to the engine compartment. It drastically enhances the vehicle’s performance by adding more power to the engine, surge up throttle response, and gives some extra mileage.
What does cold air intake do?
The cold air intake is a performance enhancer kit for motorized vehicles. It increases the oxygen-rich outside airflow to the engine, which drastically improves the combustion hence engine power and throttle response.
Do cold air intakes really increase horsepower?
Yes, they do. As they bring oxygen-rich air to the engine, this makes a perfect air-fuel mixture that ensures good combustion and less contamination. Thus an engine can generate more power; eventually, you get more horsepower than before.
What does cold air intake sound like?
They often sound so pleasant, and you may get a fast n furious movie like feel from these. But this can vary from model to model. You also get a silent cold air intake in the market.
How much HP do cold air intakes add?
Cold air intakes obviously add some extra horsepower to the engine. However, all manufacturers don’t specify them. Some of the K&N cold air intakes ensure up to an additional 14 Horsepower to your engine, which’s a lot.
What is the best cold air intake for Ram 1500?
K&N performance air intake series are supposed to the best fit for ram 1500
How much does cold air intake cost?
It depends on your vehicles and which intake you are taking. Roughly a cold air intake can cost somewhere from $150 to $500 with an installation fee. But it’s a worthy spend. You will get more power and mileage.
How do I install a cold air intake?
Maximum cold air intake packaging contains a detailed installation manual; you can find video tutorials. It is supposed to be a hassle-free task. But you can always take professional help.
How do I clean a cold air intake?
Nowadays, cold air intakes are built with washable and reusable materials. So with the help of some necessary tools, you can pull the parts are wash them like other parts of the vehicles. However, many manufactures say that you can go fluent for about 100000 miles without any issue.
How can I make my 5.7 Hemi faster?
Reducing engine weight can be crucial for adding more power to 5.7 Hemi. You can try to have a lightweight aluminum flywheel that will provide faster engine rev and transfer power to the wheels to make it faster.
Can a cold air intake mess up your engine?
Short answer no. The long answer is possible if you fit a wrong cold air intake system in with your engine, or if you get a faulty intake system, it can mess up your engine. It will sound awful, accumulate so much dust to the engine, and so on.
Do cold air intakes improve fuel mileage?
Definitely, as it increases combustion in the engine and makes a perfect air-fuel mixture for ignition, that ensures more engine efficiency and ends up giving you an extra one to three extra miles per gallon.
Do cold air intakes improve performance?
Obviously, having a cold air intake system under your hood is just awesome. It will bring more and steady airflow that your factory air intake was unable to do. It increases your engine power, throttle response, and gives extra mileage.
These are the 6 best cold air intakes available on the market. We’ve tried to provide an individual idea for each of them in this silverado cold air intake review. You may choose any model out of these six, and It’ll give you a satisfying service.
In this review of cold air intake kits for chevy trucks, we’ve answered the question if the silverado cold air intake worth it for you. Let us know which is the best cold air intake for silverado in your opinion. Have we missed any other model on this list? Inform us by commenting below. We’d love to get your feedback.