There are a lot of performance chips available in the market for mighty 7.3L V8 engines, but none of them can be compared with the TS 6 position chip. Till to date, it provides exceptionally well performance for a low cost. It located on the PCM with a rotary knob and six adjustable engine settings
I use TS 6 Position performance chip for 7.3 Powerstroke to get a power boost as it increases the HP and torque. Moreover, it also firms up the shifting of transmission with zero damage to your engine.
What is the Best TS 6 Position Chip for 7.3 Powerstroke?
This six position chip by TS performance 1180402 offers the best chip to optimum power in your 7.3 Powerstroke than any other chip in the market. There is a knob placed on the dash that allows you to adjust to six different settings programs. Moreover, installation of this chip is fairly easy with the detailed instruction booklet included; also, you will get tech expert support any time from support.
- All the hardware and programming are done on TS performance six position chip for user-friendliness and easy access.
- The six positions setting on the chip include custom tunes options such as anti-theft, 50hp, 75hp, 100hp, 140+ Extreme, Stock, High Idle feature, and Valet.
- The chip’s programmable options are completely customizable according to your preference. But, for the 7.3 Powerstroke, the Stock option presence is obligatory.
- The TS 6 chip is mostly recommended to those who want to increase fuel economy, horsepower, towing in their 7.3 Powerstroke, and want to have anti-theft and remote start in their vehicle.
Quick Comparison: Best TS 6 Position Chip 7.3 Powerstroke Reviews in 2022
|IMAGE||NAME & Details||DETAILS|
|TS Performance 1180402||Check Price|
|PHP Hydra Tuner||Check Price|
|TS Performance 1180403||Check Price|
|TS Performance 1180401 Blank Chip||Check Price|
|TS Performance 1180409 Chip||Check Price|
5 Best TS 6 Position Chip 7.3 Powerstroke Reviews in 2022
1. TS Performance 1180402 Diesel Switchable Chip
TS Performance Part 1180402 is also a decent performance chipset. It also comes with 6 different engine settings up to 140HP and with an easily changeable dash-mounted knob.
It is super easy to set-up, and it’s in a box detail manual that makes it more accessible. It adds a decent HP in the rear wheels. It supports both auto and manual transmission. It offers in-cab adjustability and also saves some fuel. Its pedal response is extraordinary.
- Pre-programmed chip
- Easy installation
- In-cab adjustability
- RWHP HP settings
- Contain home setup manual
- Brand: TS Performance
- Dimension: 4.6*4.4*4.4 inches
- 634 ounces in weight
- Provides firmer shifting experience
- Exemplary pedal response
- Decent power boost and increase fuel mileage
- The dash-mounted knob is a blessing
- Not a universal fit
- Some hardly heard issues about transmission stuck
2. PHP Hydra Tuner
PHP Hydra chip is supposed to be the best available chip for the 7.3 Powerstroke. It’s highly available hydra flash software ease the reprogramming at the consumer level. It has 17 different positions with a built-in module for emission testing and no- start diagnosis.
It supports custom universal tune, available for all types of 7.3 Powerstroke (OBS.E99 and Super duty). That made in USA chip includes a digital switch, ribbon cable, and USB cable that also makes your life much more comfortable.
- Offers Universal tune support
- 17 different positions with factory built-in module and no-start
- Easy changeable even on the fly
- Reprogrammable with free available software
- Available for E99, OBS Super duty 7.3
- Brand: PHP
- Dimention: 7.83*5.2*2.13 inches
- 7 Ounces in weight
- Wireless display
- Easily reprogrammable
- Easy to install
- Universal secure fit
- Support both auto and manual
- In box micro USB cord ease the reprogramming process
- Provide a decent power boost
- A few users may get some trouble with PCM
3. TS Performance 1180403 Diesel Switchable Chip
This offers six different engine setting, Stock, High-idle, Anti- Theft, 50HP, 75HP, 100HP, 140HP, and Valet. It offers a decent power boost in the rear wheels. It’s easily changeable dash-mounted knob ensures easy changing among the knobs.
As the seller programmed it for you according to your vehicle code, you won’t need to burn or something. You also can tow your camping gear without much trouble.
- Hassle-free installation
- The factory box contains a detailed instruction
- Pre-programmed chip, need to confirm your fit before purchasing
- Offers in Cab adjustability
- All HP settings are Rear-wheel Horsepower (RWHP)
- Programing and Hardware are TS equipped design
- Easy installation thanks to in box manual
- Provide a decent power boost, one of the best in the market
- In-cab adjustability
- Tunable knob on the dash
- No need to download the program
- Not a universal fit
- Not that customizable
4. TS Performance 1180401 Blank Chip
Having a blank chip may sound terrible, but if you know, then you will want to have a blank chip. TS 1180401 is another chip offered by TS. It is made for heavy-duty work like towing and racing.
You must have to contact the seller and provide your vehicle info before purchasing it. It gives a lot of horsepower to rear wheels up to 140HP. It supports both auto and manual transmission and can be fit in older models like 93-97, but you can’t have Valet there.
Moreover, that chip make the shifting a lot smoother and can add an extra 2-4 mpg
- Blank chip, do it yourself, arrange as you like
- Six different available engine setting
- Easy installation, Easy reprogrammable
- Almost a universal fit
- Can be reprogrammed as you like
- Works like magic to old vehicles
- Increase fuel efficiency
- Firm shifting
- Seller will program that chip according to your need if you spend some extra bucks
- Valet is not available on 94-97 models
- Watch your PCM code, unless you will get the Micky out of the seller.
5. TS Performance Part # 1180409 Chip
This chip is offered, especially for diesel ford folks. It will program it for you if you provide your truck details with a PCM code. It offers 6 different positions and adds enormous horsepower to your rear wheels up to 140 HP
It also provides a firmer shift and a decent fuel economy (2-4 extra mpg). It supports both automatic and manual transmission. You can quickly burn the chip according to your need whatever you want.
If you want to have a bigger turbo and stock injectors in the future, then you can reprogram it according to the modifications, no need to buy a new one. Standard programs will be installed on this chip for a truck with stock injectors.
- Blank chip, provide the opportunity to customize according to the engine model
- Available for both auto and manual transmission and fuel pressure in between 17-18 psi
- Available settings are high idle, stock, 50 hp, 75 hp, 100 hp, and 140 hp.
- Future-ready with reprogrammable for bigger turbo, injections, and so on.
- Wide range of fit
- The blank chip allows easy customization
- Firmer shift
- Some setting will provide fuel efficiency
- Noticeable power boost.
- Customized programming may cost some extra
- May cause shifting issues if you get the wrong program.
We will discuss-
- What does a TS 6 position-Chip do?
- How much torque does a TS 6 position-chip add?
- TS 6 chip problems.
- The difference in the single position and 6 position TS chips.
Buying Guide for ts 6 position chip 7.3L Ford Powerstroke diesel
As there is plenty of 7.3 performance chip available in the market, so it’s so easy to get puzzled and confused to get a perfect chip for your 7.3 Powerstroke engine.
So, here we tried to discuss some key factors to consider before buying a chip.
Ease of installation
Installing the chip depends on you and on the chip you have. It may take 15 minutes to almost 2 hours. You may have to disconnect your cold air intakes, fuse box, brake pedals, batteries, etc. If you don’t have a pre-programmed chip, you may have to program it with your own. Then after getting it programmed. Set it and try to fire it up and then reconnects everything.
In a ts 6 chip, we get six different engine settings to form 50 HP to 140 HP. Each power setting has a specific job. But you can feel the change even in the 50 HP mode. 80 HP is a great DD tune wherein 100, and 140 HP may loose the break. But the fact is that with a ts chip, your broken, old trucks may feel like a new one. So, you must consider the amount of power boost before buying
Shifting is one of the key reasons to use the ts six position performance chip is to get smooth and firmer shifting. When you are using a ford without ts 6 chip, you can hardly get past the third gear. But with the ts chip, you will get a much smoother and firmer shift. So, when you are out to get a ts 7.3 chip, you must look for a better shifting option. Thus you will get more power and fuel economy as well as.
If you are an environment enthusiastic, then you may find a ts six position chip very disturbing. There will be a fair amount of black smoke in 80, 100, and 140 HP settings. But as you are using ts tuner 7.3, you better not complain about the smoke.
After installing the chip, one of the early changes you will notice is the extensive loud sound. But you will love the sound.
Start-Up and Glow plugs
You will notice the fast start-up from the first day, even if you have an old and sluggish truck, but still, your truck will start quickly, and you will hardly notice any lopes at start up.
A sound 6 position ts chip will have all of these qualities, and if you are missing any of this, you will like to contact your seller; you may also want to have a change in programming.
TS chip available program:
Default Chip settings:
- Stock setting
3 Problems with ts performance 6 position chip
Though having a ts chip in your vehicle is terrific, and we always say that these ts chips won’t damage your engine won’t hurt your engine. Problems includes:
- One of the significant and commonly heard problems about the ts six position-chip is that users don’t get all six functional engine settings. Though without all settings, your vehicles will run smooth, it’s not expected
- Wrong fit: It is also a prevalent problem. If you misidentify your engine or the misunderstanding in the part of the seller can result in the wrong chip. You may ask for change or refund in that case
- Trouble in shifting: Some users also complained that they had faced problems with shifting like shifting is not that fast as it should be, but asking help from customer service is a good idea here, and it is relatively inexpensive to fix.
7.3 power stroke ts 6 position mpg
As a matter of fact that ts six-position chips also increase the fuel economy. The HP it adds to the engine will give you at least 2-4 extra miles in each gallon. It will depend on your use. According to experts, in 75 HP settings, you may get the best fuel economy.
TS 6 Position chip 7.3 Power stroke install
Installing a ts 6 chip is relatively easy, but you need some regarding knowledge. It may take from fifteen minutes to a couple of hours according to your skill.
To install the chip, you have to remove your keys from the ignition, disconnect your batteries, remove kick panels from the driver’s side, three nuts from the emergency brake and take the whole assembly out.
Now take the cover off of your PCM, expose the contact point via screwdriver and remove the coat gently. Now install the chip and reconnect only batteries to check the chip. If it fires up, then use some tapes and reconnect everything.
99-03 Ford Powerstroke 7.3L install
TS 6 Position Chip 7.3 Power stroke roll coal
The practice of modifying diesel engines to allow more fuel to enter into the engine to get a large amount of black smoke. It is a kind of show-off practice. That modification can cost $200 to $5,000.
With a TS 6 chip, it should roll coal in every setting with proper tuning. Some may like to use a smoke switch and big injectors. But You will get enough rolling coal with the chip and stock injectors. Though rolling coal is not an appreciated practice in racing shows, it will give you some fame.
TS 6 Position chip replacement knob:
Every TS 6 chip needs a cable and a dash-mounted knob. Though you get everything in the box, still, they are not invincible. A short circuit or system crash can occur inceptive your knob. So, without buying the whole package, you can merely have a universal fit knob and cable.
They are super easy to install and cost around $40. You can buy for a much lower price from the used spear parts shop.
OBS Powerstroke 6 position chip:
OBS or old body style ford Powerstroke was the first true turbocharged direct injection. Dated from 1994-97, they are still prevalent in the truckers’ community.
You can get a handful number of performance chips available for OBS Powerstroke, including TS 6 position performance chip. You will like to have a blank chip; thus, you can easily program according to your need.
TS 6 Position chip towing:
In a nutshell, towing means pulling a vehicle with proper apparatus with another car. This job requires a lot of engine power. So, you may think of towing with your 7.3 Powerstroke with a TS chip.
It is possible. But you have to be careful. You have to keep a sharp eye on your EGT, or you may fry your engine. Only a ts chip may not be enough for the job. You may need to do some costly rebuild.
Still, you can do towing without a heavy rebuild, but have to make some sacrifice with speed or weight. Still, everything depends upon you and your vehicle.
What is the difference in the single position and 6 position TS chips?
The huge difference is quite straightforward. In a single position ts chip, you will get only one functioning engine setting(75 HP). You won’t get any knob here as you have nothing to switch. In a 6 position ts chip, you will get six different engines setting up to 140 HP and much more functionality.
But you can’t neglect the single-chip position. It cost less, have no extra trouble, plug and forget where a 6 position ts chip cost more and have some extra hassle like programming, settings switching and so on.
As many users use one setting all the time, having a 6 position is a kind of a waste for them. As a single position, the ts chip also increases fuel economy, decent power boost, and firmer shifts. But if you are a rough user and want more power to do some stunts, towing then you should go for 6 positions one.
It also provides features like remote start, anti-theft which are absent in single position one.
What information needs to be provided to TS Performance for a chip order?
To get perfect functionality out of a chip, you may have to provide the truck code and the year of your vehicle. If you have an automatic transmission, you don’t need to give the truck code. Image source– Some truck codes are given below:
What does a TS 6 position chip do?
TS 6 position chips bring new life to your vehicle. They plug in more power to the engine by offering more HP in the rear wheels. Besides, they also increase fuel economy and firmer shifting. You can switch among six available engine settings with a dash-mounted knob.
TS Performance chip test drive
What is the best chip for a 7.3 Powerstroke?
1. 7.3L Ford powerstroke ts six position chip
2. PHP Hydra Tuner
3. TS Performance 1180402
4. TS Performance 1180403
5. TS Performance 1180401 Blank Chip
Is a 6.0 or 7.3 engine better?
6.0 is better. Despite its factory shortcomings, it still provides more HP, durability, and modern emission standard. 7.3 is also good if you choose reliability and simplicity.
How many miles does a 7.3 Powerstroke last?
About 400,000 to 500,000 miles without any modifications. If you take proper care do some timely modification, it can last more than a million miles.
What is high mileage for a 7.3 Powerstroke?
More than 500,000 miles. 7.3 L Powerstroke is a beautiful, reliable heavy-duty commercial engine with a minimum lasting of 350,000 miles. If you maintain well 500k miles won’t be any hassle.
How much does it cost to rebuild a 7.3 diesel?
Full rebuilding can cost way over $1000, including all accessories like pistons, bearings, seals, gaskets, etc. Partial rebuilding may $500-$800 according to your choice of parts.
What type of performance gains will I receive with the TS Performance chip?
All HP that a performance chip can provide RWHP means rear-wheel horsepower. That means in every HP setting, and you will gain rear wheel power. In 50,75,100,140 HP setup you will get 50,75,100,140 HP to your rear wheels respectively.
Note: California often require a special cache code to be burned into the chip prior to shipping.
Read More on
- Tuner for 7.3 Powerstroke
- Tuner for 6.7 Powerstroke
- Clutch For 7.3 Powerstroke
- 6.7 Powerstroke Delete Kit
7.3 L Ford Powerstroke is a great and renowned engine in the trucker’s community worldwide. Adding a TS 6 position performance chip will provide massive power to your rear wheels, increase fuel mileage, and firmer shift.
That will allow you to utilize the full potential of your engine and will enable you to do extreme works like towing, racing, and so. And with a chip, you also don’t have to do further modification to roll coal.
Source:tony wildman chip https://www.totaldieselperformance.com/
Forum community for ts6 position chip-https://www.thedieselstop.com/threads/ts-6-position-chip-on-stock-7-3.656254/