Although you can’t override it, leveling links may be purchased to deceive the vehicle into believing that off-road two height is standard. Whatever height you like, you may turn reset the air suspension.
The air suspension system still works if it doesn’t move up and down. But once the air suspension is deactivated, the vehicle air suspension system is no longer active, and the suspension no longer adjusts to the outside air pressure.
This can help eliminate certain bouncing in the vehicle when driving over a bumpy dirt road or over very rough terrain. This article will discuss everything about Ram 1500 air suspension override.
Ram 1500 Air Suspension Reset
There are a few ways to apply a RAM 1500 air suspension reset. These are just a few ways to reset the Ram 1500 air suspension system.
1. Change Fuse to Reset RAM 1500 Air Suspension
Know that the air suspension system can be reset and is not hard to do. You can always access the dash fuse box and get it changed if you need to reset the air suspension system.
2. Use Display Panel to Reset RAM 1500 Air Suspension
The second way to reset the air suspension system is to connect the vehicle display to the computer and reset the air suspension system.
3. Disconnect the Battery to Reset RAM 1500 Air Suspension
The third way to reset the air suspension system is to disconnect the battery. By doing this, the computer re-initializes.
4. Use the Console Buttons to Reset RAM 1500 Air Suspension
The fourth way to reset the air suspension system is to use the console buttons. This is an easy process of resetting the air suspension system.
After you the RAM 1500 air suspension is reset once again, you can enjoy your driving comfort and ride at the desired height. You will also have your vehicle performance back for normal driving conditions.
Ram 1500 Air Suspension Link Swap
Before investing $70, you may simply change them out and remove them. Alternately, you may take one front and one rear out and measure the length difference.
Make the link shorter to raise the front. The length was 3/4 shorter than stock. Rear links are better for the front since placing them on the front would result in a 2 1/2 lift, which is too much. A little more modification would be needed to get the rear to fit.
The link was made out of aluminum. A 3/4″ was drilled and tapped, and a 1/2″ was tapped for the adjusting nut.
The bolt was removed from the shock body after cutting off the spacer using a drill press and a Forstner bit.
Tapping just one side of the bolt cut between threads and forced the nut on hard enough to remove it from the shock body.
Ram Air Suspension Hack
There are discussions on where you can manufacture your own linkages for a reasonable price using components you can get from Grainger or other suppliers. There are some that are cheaper but not adjustable, thanks to 3D plastic printing.
The rear links are designed to enable greater heights to give the standard truck some slope. Thus some people switch their front and backlinks to level the truck based on how much higher it is.
Ram Air Suspension Bypass Module
If you’re having trouble with your ride, then you should definitely look into Ram Air Suspension Bypass Modules.
These bypass modules are designed to help cars, trucks, and SUVs maintain suspension performance by reducing air pressure inside the rear of the vehicle.
This helps keep unwanted cargo from affecting the ride in your truck or SUV, and it’s an easy way to avoid costly repairs later on.
There are two types of bypass modules, depending on the kind of vehicle that you have. The first type is designed specifically for air suspension systems and lift kits.
This type is made to work in conjunction with an air suspension system, allowing you to maintain optimal levels of support with minimal effort on your part.
The second type doesn’t need any pre-existing air suspension system or lift kit to be installed. This type works with most kinds of vehicles, and it’s supposed to increase ground clearance for better driving control.
Ram 1500 Air Suspension Troubleshooting
The suspension system is one of the most important parts of your truck, and many people depend on it for their daily driving.
If you are experiencing any problems with your Ram 1500 air suspension system, follow these helpful troubleshooting tips.
- Check to make sure everything is bolted down and secured properly before moving the vehicle or any part of the suspension system to start a troubleshooting process.
- If possible, get someone else to start up the vehicle and ride along with you. This way, you can learn much more while inspecting the suspension system and any other important parts.
- If it is possible, get off the road and park on a level surface to inspect the air suspension system and all its related parts. This will allow you to do your inspection on a raised surface so you can see any problems easily.
- Inspect all of the components of your air suspension system, and check for any corrosion or damage that may cause areas where air escapes from the compressor unit or other components.
ram 1500 air suspension manual
Ram 1500 Air Suspension Lock
The Ram 1500 air suspension lock allows you to raise or lower the height of your vehicle’s ride by simply pushing a button and pulling a knob.
This saves you from reaching under the vehicle to adjust the ride height manually and maintains auto-leveling so that your suspension stays consistent.
The Ram 1500 is part of a class of vehicles that already have this feature, but traditionally it has been found in premium models.
This item is recommended for those seeking a fix for the common issue of low suspension on the Ram 1500.
Fits the following vehicles:
- 2018 Ram 1500
- 2017 Ram 1500
- 2016 Ram 1500
- 2015 Ram 1500
- 2015 Ram 1500
- 2014 Ram 1500
- 2013 Ram 1500
- 2012 Ram 1500
- 2011 Ram 1500
- 2010 Ram 1500
- 2009 Ram 1500
Immediate Air Suspension Service/Repair Required Ram 1500
If your Ram 1500 has an issue that needs immediate service, you can do the following things-
- Get Ram 1500 air suspension service from a dealership- this is the most expensive option.
- Take it to an auto repair mechanic- this will cost less, although the quality of the work may vary.
- Order a Ram 1500 air suspension repair kit from the New Ram 1500 parts catalog- this will cost less than the dealership, and you can do it yourself.
2020 Ram 1500 Air Suspension Problem – Override
Suppose you are having problems with your Ram 1500 air suspension. Here are a few steps that may help resolve the issue:
- Make sure that your vehicle is fully operational and in good working condition – if there are any mechanical issues, they may interfere with the suspension system.
- Check to see if any air suspension components have failed – including the airbag, sensors, actuators, and springs.
- Clean and lubricate all moving parts as needed – this will help ensure the system’s proper function and durability.
2019 Ram 1500 Air Suspension Problem – Override
If you are having problems with your 2019 Ram 1500 air suspension. Here are some things you can do to resolve the issue:
- Reach out to the dealer directly.
- Search for some of the most common issues on a search engine and then research your specific year, make, and model.
- Visit several forums where people have been able to fix their own air suspension problems.
- Call a local mechanic for help.
Dodge Ram 1500 Air Suspension Override
If you are having trouble with your Dodge Ram 1500’s air suspension, you can change it back to its standard height.
You will need to lift your truck from the ground, set the parking brake, and put it in park gear. Additionally, you will need a jack and jack stands or a couple of blocks of wood.
2013 Ram 1500 Air Suspension Problems Override
If you’re having problems with your Ram 1500’s air suspension, then it may be time to override the system.
Overrides are a relatively easy process that anyone can do with basic mechanical skills. You can fix common issues like leaky seals or defective components by overriding the system.
In some cases, overrides may even restore functionality to a suspended vehicle that is no longer street legal.
Can You Override Air Suspension On Ram 1500
Yes, you can override air suspension on the new Ram 1500. If you have an older model that has air suspension, this may be a good time to check it out!
Air suspensions are great for everyday driving, but they may not be the best choice when you’re off-roading.
You’ll find your truck will take a little more effort when climbing or descending grades due to the limited travel in such suspensions.
Ram 1500 Air Suspension Settings
There are a few different suspension settings that you can access on the Ram 1500. The first one is whether the air suspension is set on Normal, Low, or High.
You can set these while driving the vehicle so that they change automatically depending on driving conditions.
The second one is Lift Mode which allows you to lift up to 3 inches off the ground. This is great for getting through deeper snow, sand, or other low spots in terrain where you need a little extra clearance.
Immediate Air Suspension Service Required Ram 1500
You have an issue that might be caused by a number of factors, such as an air compressor, air bag leakage, or sensor failure. Take it to the dealer so they can diagnose it.
Typically, it will be a sensor issue. This can include the compressor’s diagnostics sending the wrong information to the airbag control module.
On occasion, a leaf could get in your suspension’s airbag, leading to an air leak due to pressure that must be maintained for proper vehicle safety.
It’ll also be more difficult for professionals to diagnose this problem if you aren’t sure what caused it in the first place.
Replacing Ram 1500 Air Suspension
If you want to replace your Ram 1500’s air suspension, this should be considered as an option when purchasing a new truck from the Ram dealership.
Truck owners will know how much it would cost to replace all four levels of their truck systems to get more ride and performance from the vehicle.
Replacing your air suspension can significantly increase ride quality, which you’ll love for years to come!
All it takes is some knowledge about how the system is built and simple tools at home like jack stands and wrenches.
How To Turn Off Air Suspension On Ram 1500
You may go to the infotainment system settings and deactivate “aero mode” to turn off the air suspension on the Ram 1500.
It is possible to utilize the air suspension’s various settings, but they are limited by speed; once you reach 30 MPH, the offroad mode and the others will turn off, and your suspension will return to its normal setting.
How To Override Ram Air Suspension
The fuse must be taken out to turn off your air suspension. This will stop it from working and prevent your car from automatically leveling.
Next, you will need to lift up the rubber flap that holds the fuse in place. Now, locate the fuse slot when you are under your dashboard. Once you find it, remove the old fuse and put in a new one that is of 12-14 amps.
Now, push down on the rubber flap to close it back up so that there’s no chance for water or dust particles to get into where they shouldn’t be able to go.
Does My Ram 1500 Have Air Suspension
Yes, your Ram 1500 does come equipped with air suspension. It’s a modern convenience for the more discerning driver.
Air Suspension is a complex science that takes years of education to master, and it is important to understand the variables when modifying your truck’s height.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you lift a Ram 1500 with air suspension?
Yes, you can. We admit that the thought of lifting a 1500 lb vehicle with only air suspension seems daunting, but it isn’t as hard as it seems.
The process is actually quite simple, and many people lift their vehicles all the time without any problem.
2. Can you drive without air suspension?
No. It is not advised. Sagging, loudness, and altered alignment angles may all be brought on by a broken or collapsed spring.
While you can still operate a vehicle, it will be difficult to manage in an emergency, and the ride will be choppy.
3. How do I disconnect my air suspension?
Every electrical circuit has a fuse. Simply disconnecting the motor is another option. Disconnecting the air suspension is a two-step process, the first step being to remove all the components under the car.
Then, you will need to remove the air intake service panel to disconnect and remove your compressor.
4. How do you reset the air suspension on a 2016 Ram 1500?
Resetting the air suspension on a 2016 Ram 1500 is a relatively straightforward process. All you need to do is remove the front seat, pull out the air suspension assembly, and reset the height setting. Once you’ve reset the height, reinstall the seat, and you’re good to go.
5. Can you get a Ram 1500 Limited without air suspension?
As the air suspension is built-in, you can not get this Ram 1500 without the system. Air suspension is a big aspect for truck manufacturers that strive for fuel efficiency and ride quality.
You’ll find that it’s much more expensive to purchase a truck without air suspension and have an air compressor installed.
6. What are common 2017 ram 1500 suspension problems?
Common 2017 Ram 1500 suspension problems include:
- Uneven tire wear, caused by worn out suspension components such as shocks or struts.
- Sagging rear suspension, caused by worn out rear springs or shock absorbers.
- Noise while driving, such as clunking or rattling, which may indicate a problem with the suspension system.
- Vehicle instability, caused by worn out suspension components or misaligned wheels.
- Difficulty steering, caused by problems with the steering components or suspension system.
- Leaking shocks, which can lead to reduced handling and stability.
- Stiff ride, caused by worn out suspension components or worn out shock absorbers.
- Worn out ball joints, which can cause the vehicle to have a loose or unstable feel while driving.
- Bent or damaged control arms, which can lead to poor handling and an uneven ride.
If you suspect you have a suspension problem, it’s important to have your vehicle inspected by a qualified mechanic as soon as possible to avoid further damage and ensure a safe and comfortable ride.
7. How do apply a 2017 RAM 1500 air suspension reset?
To reset the 2017 RAM 1500 air suspension, follow these steps:
- Turn off the engine and open the hood.
- Locate the air suspension compressor, which is usually located near the right front wheel well.
- Disconnect the air suspension compressor by unplugging the electrical connector.
- Wait 10 minutes to allow the air pressure to dissipate from the system.
- Reconnect the air suspension compressor by plugging the electrical connector back in.
- Start the engine and allow it to run for about two minutes.
- Turn off the engine and open the driver’s door.
- Locate the air suspension switch, which is usually located on the center console near the gear selector.
- Toggle the air suspension switch to the “Off” position.
- Wait 10 seconds and then toggle the air suspension switch back to the “On” position.
- Close the driver’s door and start the engine. The air suspension system should now be reset and operating normally.
You should perform a reset of the air suspension system if you experience issues such as the vehicle leaning to one side, the vehicle sitting too low or too high, or the “Air Suspension Inactive” warning light appearing on the dashboard. Performing a reset can often resolve these issues, but if the problems persist, you should have your vehicle inspected by a qualified mechanic to identify and repair any underlying issues with the air suspension system.
6. What are common 2016 ram 1500 suspension problems?
Common 2016 Ram 1500 suspension problems include:
- Uneven tire wear: This occurs when the suspension fails to distribute weight evenly across all four tires, causing one or more tires to wear out faster.
- Bouncy ride: When the suspension components are worn or damaged, the vehicle may have a bouncy, unstable ride.
- Leaks in the air suspension system: Air suspension systems rely on air compressors, air bags, and other components that can develop leaks, leading to a lower ride height and a rougher ride.
- Sagging or drooping rear end: If the rear suspension springs are worn or damaged, the rear end of the vehicle may sag or droop, affecting handling and stability.
- Noise and vibration: Worn or damaged suspension components can cause noise and vibration, particularly when driving on rough roads or over bumps.
- Steering and handling problems: Worn or damaged suspension components can affect steering and handling, making the vehicle difficult to control or increasing the risk of accidents.
How do I apply a 2016 RAM 1500 Air Suspension Reset?
To reset the 2016 RAM 1500 air suspension, follow these steps:
- Turn off the engine: Turn off the engine and wait for a few minutes for the suspension system to cool down.
- Locate the suspension control module: The suspension control module is usually located near the air compressor in the engine compartment.
- Disconnect the battery: Locate the battery and disconnect the negative cable. Wait for at least five minutes before reconnecting it.
- Reconnect the battery: After five minutes, reconnect the negative cable to the battery.
- Start the engine: Start the engine and allow it to run for at least one minute.
- Turn off the engine: Turn off the engine and wait for another minute.
- Restart the engine: Restart the engine and observe the air suspension system as it cycles.
You should reset the air suspension if you experience any issues with the ride height or if the suspension control system has been tampered with or repaired. Performing a reset can help restore proper operation and correct any system-related errors.
In this article, we discussed some basic knowledge about RAM 1500 air suspension override. Just keep it in your mind when you are using your vehicle. This is a very basic article about RAM 1500 air suspension override, hope you like it.