The water pump provides coolant from the engine to the radiator. It reduces the engine heat, controls temperature and pressure for the smooth movement of the vehicle. The best water pump provides a worry-free ride. If you want to buy the best water pump for chevy 350, please read this article. This article explains the features, benefits, pros, and cons of the best chevy 350 water pump that will help you to identify the best one. Let’s dive in.
5 Best Water Pump for Chevy 350 in 2023
- ACDelco 252-595 Professional Water Pump
- ACDelco 252-581 professional water pump
- CVF Racing SBC Electric Water Pump
- DEMOTOR PERFORMANCE High Volume Short Water Pump
- Chrome water pump for 350 chevy
Quick Comparison: Best Water Pump for Chevy 350 Review
|IMAGE||NAME & Details||DETAILS|
|ACDelco 252-595 Professional Water Pump||Check Price|
|ACDelco 252-581 professional water pump||Check Price|
|CVF Racing SBC Electric Water Pump||Check Price|
|DEMOTOR PERFORMANCE High Volume Short Water Pump||Check Price|
5 Best Water Pump for Chevy 350 Review in 2023
1. ACDelco 252-595 Professional Water Pump
ACDelco 252-595 water pump helps maintain the engine’s appropriate performance and temperature by circulating coolant through the engine system and the vehicle radiator. This water pump provides a hassle-free installation of all necessary available parts. Nowadays, this premium aftermarket pump is an ideal opportunity for most vehicles to offer high quality. The seals, O-rings, and gaskets packaging by ACDelco are easy to install. This premium professional water pump fulfill your expectations and the best water pump for chevy 350.
- This professional water pump is suitable for General Motors vehicles and also Non-general motor vehicles with a wide range.
- This pump ensures leak-free performance as well as reliability.
- It includes an engine coolant water pump and gasket.
- For the super strength and stability of the non-treated assemblies, it provides heat-treated shaft assemblies.
- It facilitates smooth, coolant flow and uniform wall sections for the efficiency of operation.
- It seals and lubricates bearings with high quality for longer life of the pump.
- ACDelco offers a coated seal for the durability and longevity of the seal.
- This water pump is reliable because of durability.
- It offers leak-free performance
- This professional pump has a heat-treated shaft.
- It contains high-quality bearings.
- This pump provides a hassle-free installation.
- The materials for this pump are steel.
- It can easily rust because of getting wet.
2. ACDelco 252-581 professional water pump
The ACDelco 252-581 water pump meets the consumer’s expectations through its function, fitting, and formation. It is a high-quality ideal replacements parts for most vehicles nowadays. It helps maintain the engine’s proper performance and temperature, and this water pump is another great water pump for 350 chevy. It spreads coolant through the engine system and the radiator of the vehicles. The seals, gaskets, and O-ring of this product provide a trouble-free installation.
- This professional water pump offers long life and leaks free performance.
- This premium aftermarket professional water pump fits the General Motors vehicle and the non-general motors with a wide range.
- The hub of this pump holds the diameter of the thread 0.3125 inches.
- Heat-treated shaft assemblies of the pump increase the longevity and superior strength of the non-treated assemblies.
- It seals and lubricates permanently high-quality bearings for long life and durability.
- It has coated seals for supporting the longevity of the seal.
- This water pump kit does not fit in the big block chevy engine; instead, it fits in the small block chevy.
- This pump facilitates with dowel pin for guiding the pump hold and on it while the pump’s bolts are secured.
- This water pump has an opportunity for easy installation.
- It offers high-quality bearings.
- This pump has heat-treated shaft assemblies for durability.
- It has an engine coolant water pump.
- This water pump prevents over-heating.
- With the plugs, this pump does not come for heater lines.
3. CVF Racing SBC Electric Water Pump
This Chevy Small Block Water pump is a reliable water pump for CHEVROLET 5.7L. The manufacturer of this water pump in the USA. The material of this pump is 6061 aluminum. Chevy 350 electric water pump contains aluminum for saving horsepower and reducing weight. This CVF Racing aluminum releases up 5 to 10 horsepower in comparison to the mechanical water pump. This water pump facilitates easy and hassle-free installation. The design of this water pump is appropriate for working with the accessory brackets.
- This SBC electric water pump is 12 volt, and it is an electric water pump with 35 GPM.
- 6061 Aluminum uses in this water pump is black.
- This Chevy 350 electric water pump includes mounting hardware and gaskets.
- The overall depth of this water pump is 7.1 inches.
- The inlet fitting of this CVF Racing water pump is 1-3/4 inch.
- This water pump is suitable for the small block chevy engine of 302, 305, 327, 350, and 400.
- It can use on a daily driver.
- It has lightweight.
- This water pump works with our accessory brackets.
- It has mounting hardware and gasket.
- It has a lower radiator hose that does not clear the balancer.
4. DEMOTOR PERFORMANCE High Volume Short Water Pump
A nicely chromed water pump is a DEMOTOR PERFORMANCE high volume short water pump that fits in the small block chevy car. This high volume water pump is mechanical. This pump has lightweight. The rotation of this water pump is standard. This water pump facilitates outstanding flow characteristics. The manufacturer of this water pump in the USA. A heater hose outlet includes in this high volume water pump. This water pump consists of a gasket, and it contains an impeller that provides an opportunity for tight clearances.
- This water pump is suitable for small block chevy cars.
- This pump is a mechanical water pump and has a 5/8 inch pilot.
- This water pump facilitates with the top and side port.
- The length of the top port is 3/4 inch NPT, as well as the side port’s length is 1/2 inch NPT.
- For excellent flow, it offers tight clearances through the billet body and impeller.
- It includes a gasket and has a standard rotation.
- This pump clears most blower drives and cam belt drives.
- It has standard rotation.
- This pump provides an excellent flow.
- This water pump includes a gasket.
- It facilitates with billet body and impeller.
- This water pump has not come with the pulley.
- It has not any top outlet.
5. Chrome water pump for 350 chevy:
Tuff Stuff 1354NA Chrome Short Water Pump for Small Block Chevy
If you own a 6.0 Powerstroke Engine , upgrade your water pump and replace with OEM 6.0 Powerstroke Water Pump
About Chevy 350 water Pump Overview
Chevy 350 water pump rotation:
Chevy 350 water pump has a standard rotation. This water pump contains a grooved pulley that indicates a standard rotation. Chevy 350 pump’s shaft rotates at the right that refers clockwise. This water pump offer v-belts and the pulleys of this water pump run on the belt insides.
SBC water pump clockwise or counterclockwise:
To check clockwise or counterclockwise of the motor, hold the motor and point out the shaft. If the shaft’s rotation is to the right and points out at you, it is the clockwise shaft end. But if the shaft has left rotation, it is the counterclockwise shaft. Clockwise indicates standard rotation. The SBC water pump is clockwise because it has standard rotation. It offers grooved pulleys and uses V-belt.
SBC high flow water pump:
SBC high flow water pump provides up to 40 percent more coolant flow. I help to get real performance for the dollar. It has an impeller that spins on ball bearing with heavy-duty. The materials of the high flow water pump are lightweight, high-quality aluminum. SBC high flow water pump is a mechanical water pump, reducing the weight of the front end. This pump has standard rotation.
The height dimension of the corvette water pump
For Gen. 1 engine from 1971-‘82, you can choose a short pump with the larger .750 shaft diameter. But, from 1970 and earlier, use a short water pump but still has the smaller 5/8 in.
If you have a vehicle with the 7.3 Powerstroke Check our Best Water Pump for 7.3 Powerstroke – Top Rated Product Reviews
Will an SBC water pump fit a BBC?
BBC water pump does not fit in the SBC motors. The early Chevy V-8 stocked BBC motors. BBC sometimes use in the case of the radiator to fan clearance problem. The kit and fitment of the BBC water pump are different from the SBC pump. The Big Block Chevy engine is larger, heavier, and creates longer strokes than the small block engine. BBC engine is suitable for muscle car enthusiasts and Hot Rodders.
Read More Water pump review
- How to Prevent Water Pump Failure
- Best Water Pump for 5.9 Cummins
- How to install an electric water pump SBC?
- Coolant Leaking After Replacing Water Pump
Chevy 350 water pump short vs. long:
Chevy 350 short water pump suits in 1968 and the earlier model car, whereas long water pump suits in 1969 and the later model. There is a narrow gap from the mounting surface to its hub surface in a short water pump, while a long water pump has larger two finger gaps.
Chevy Small Block – Short Vs Long Water Pump
What is the difference between a long water pump and a short water pump? Let’s check chevy 350 water pump short vs long
|Chevy Small Block Short Water Pump||Chevy Small Block Long Water Pump|
|The Chevy small block water pump mostly use in model 1968 and earlier model passenger cars.||The Chevy small block water pump mostly use in model 1969 and later model passenger cars.|
|From mounting surface to its hub surface, its length is about five and five-eighths of an inch.||From mounting surface to its hub surface, its length is about six and seven-eighths of an inch.|
|This water pump has a very narrow gap between the engine block and the main body.||This water pump has a larger two fingers gap between the engine block and the main body.|
|It has an opportunity for corvette applications.||Because of the radiator clearance issue, it does not provide a corvette application.|
|How long is the short water pump-5 5/8 inches for SB engines|
Small Block Chevy Long Water Pump vs. Small Block Chevy Short Water Pump
How do you tell if you have a short or long water pump?
The best way for identifying the water pump is the difference of height on their mounting surface to their hub surface. The short water pump’s length is about five and five-eighths of an inch from the mounting service to the hub surface, and the size of the long water pump is about six and seven-eighths of an inch. If your car model is 1968 or earlier, it has a short water pump. Or, if your car model is 1969 and later, it has a long water pump.
What’s the best water pump?
1. ACDelco 2. CVF Performance 3. DEMOTOR PERFORMANCE 4. Tuff stuff 5. Kernel 6. Gates 7. FlashPower 8. Speedway Motors
Which way does an SBC water pump turn?
The head of the pump indicates rotation. If the SBC water pump turn, you can see an arrow running Counter-clockwise. It is the motion that you want in the water pump whirling—a shaft situated in the center when turning the motor around. If you’re going to see this, you have to remove the cap and see the backside after turning around the engine.
How do you tell if a motor is clockwise or counter-clockwise?
If you want to determine the motor is clockwise or counter-clockwise, holding up the motor in front of you and point out the shaft at you. The clockwise shaft end of the engine refers to the shaft rotation to the right and point out at you. The counter-clockwise end shaft of the motor refers to the shaft rotation to the left. Standard rotation indicates clockwise, while reverse rotation indicates counter-clockwise. Clockwise has a smooth pulley, and it runs in the belt’s inside surface. But the counter-clockwise shows grooved pulley, and it runs in the belt’s outside surface.
This article has described almost all the latest features, benefits, pros, and cons of the best water pump for chevy 350. I am sure that you already have gained information about the best water pumps. Now you can easily select the best-suited water pump for your car. But, if there have any missing information about this water pump, you can share it with us. Even if you have any questions about this water pump, feel free to ask—best of luck with the chevy 350 water pump journey.